top of page



As each tenant leaves the house, could they leave the keys in their room on the desk.  Could the last person to leave the property double lock the front door, pop their keys back through the letterbox and then message us on 07800 660953 to say that they have left so we can come and collect all of the keys.


Please let us know as soon as possible if there has been any damage to the property. Repairs are more costly if dealt with as an emergency. You will not be charged for any repairs resulting from normal wear and tear.


The house should be left in the same condition as you received it, and should be clean, and free of your belongings and rubbish. All houses are checked by a professional cleaning company, who bill by the hour if any additional cleaning is necessary.

It is a very good idea to organise as soon as possible how the final cleaning will be divided between the housemates as often people leave at different times.

Rubbish Disposal

If you have more rubbish than will fit into the wheelie bins at the end of your tenancy, then you will either have to take it home with you or take it to one of the local recycling centres. In a change from previous years, due to funding cuts, the Council will no longer take any waste left outside wheelie bins even if it is neatly bagged up. The Council have informed us that they will issue a £75 fine to the outgoing residents of any property where waste has been left outside of wheelie bins.

If you have any large items such as televisions, chairs, microwaves, mattresses, furniture etc. which you brought to the house and are not planning to take away with you, then you need to arrange for their disposal. The Council does offer a bulk refuse collection service. You can also take rubbish to the recycling centre (the dump). Click here for the location.

Utility Bills

Please contact the utility companies (gas, electric & water) to tell them that your tenancy ends on 25 June and that you will cease to be responsible for the utility accounts after that date.  You will need to take a meter reading on 25 June (gas, electric & water) and supply to the relevant companies along with a forwarding address for your final bills.  If you have all left the house before 25 June then we will endeavour to take meter readings on your behalf.  It is a good idea to keep a record of all readings by taking a photo, so that they can be checked against the final bills when they arrive.  If you are asked who the next occupiers are then please say unknown.  Do NOT say The House Academy as this causes confusion and issues for the incoming tenants.

After You've Gone



It’s a good idea to arrange a mail redirection with Royal Mail for any important mail that may still come to the property. Details of how to set this up can be found at:


It is common for rental agencies, landlords or mortgage companies to ask you to provide a reference from a previous landlord. The following are the relevant contact details you should supply:

bottom of page